What is a SEO copywriting service?
The SEO copywriting is a writing technique that aims to create a high quality and easily readable content that suits the reader and contains some strategically chosen keywords, in order to appear in specific researches on the different search engines such as Google or Bing.
The agencies and freelancers that offer this kind of web copywriting service try to make rank higher in the search results the web page that contains the created article.
The article usually focuses on a small group of keywords, because otherwise the text can become too “spammy”. This way it risks to be banned from the results by the algorithms of the search engine or simply be unreadable and lose any chance to affect the reader and rank high in the search results.
The SEO copywriting service not only optimizes the text for the targeted search words but also other elements of the web page. It covers the headings, alt text, keyword tags, Title and Description.
SEO copywriting prices are definitely not low and hiring a professional copywriting service may require significant amounts of money.
The fact is that this is a difficult and time-consuming process. Researching the suitable terms and writing good content that includes them harmoniously is not an easy job.
That’s why it is really difficult to find great SEO experts that try to keep their copywriting service rates affordable to the general customer.
SEO copywriting tips
Now that we’ve answered to “What is SEO copywriting?” we can provide some tips to those who are just approaching this writing technique.
- Choose carefully the suitable terms. This technique, in fact, works only for keywords that are not particularly competitive. Words like casino, sex, insurance, health and hotel are highly competitive because there is a really huge amount of sites that try to rank high in the search results for those terms. Therefore, the best sites use more powerful and advanced techniques to suit the search engines algorithms.
- Examine carefully the suitability of the site. Some sites have almost no text on their pages, so adding some SEO pages would spoil the nature of them. And sometimes changing the content of a page to appeal more the search engines would also considerably change the original meaning of the page itself.
- Know your audience. If you want your content to resonate with your audience and convince them to buy your product or to share the page with others, you must have a deep understanding of who you are writing to. For example, if you ask an expert “What is B2B SEO copywriting?” or “What is customer service copywriting?”, you will receive two very different answers because their audience and purpose are different.
- Write catchy headlines. An intriguing title gets the attention of the people who are examining the search results and allows you to make a good first impression.
- Use numbers. Some studies have demonstrated that headlines with unusual numbers attract the readers’ attention, so try to come up with something peculiar.
- Use subheads. If the header introduces your readers to the article, the subheads guide them through it.
- Use a good font. Optimizing the font and its size makes it easier to visualize your content and, therefore, to read and appreciate it.
- Write short and concise paragraphs. While long posts can outperform the short ones, the long paragraphs do not. It’s important to make the information more digestible, so don’t write heavy blocks of text because it will only scare your readers.
- Use power words. The power words are those that evoke deep emotions when we read them and make your content more engaging.
So, if you are not fully aware of what they are, make a research and check them out.