Studying can be quite annoying for many students, especially when they have a lot of assignments in many disciplines. It’s not so easy to be able to concentrate. We all know that students need enough time for night rest, and they can feel very tired after a couple of sleepless nights while working on all those projects. But even when a student has got enough time to fulfill their assignment, he or she may face problems. Needless to say that people are not robots. We cannot just start working on something when we are not in the mood for this. For example, when a student must write an essay, apart from good skills in writing, he or she needs an inspiration. This is not a thing that appears just because. And the same with concentration, sometimes it’s quite hard to switch our attention on something and stop thinking about things we are involved into in the current moment. If only all people had that kind of switcher! Although it’s possible to manage our concentration and ability to study, and the decision is simple – it’s music. According to research, listening to relaxing music while studying helps to increase our productivity, so as a result, students get higher grades for their assignments.
Thanks to music, our brain can work more productively. That’s why it’s very important to choose an appropriate music to concentrate and work that will help you to create a great essay or a coursework without wasting a lot of time for trying to drag yourself into the certain project. The main goal is to find the switcher! In our article, we are going to propose to your attention some genres of music that can be helpful in effective studying.
Music genres to experiment with
It doesn’t mean that a particular music is a must-have for everyone. All people are different, and we need an individual approach to find a music that makes the maximal effect. You can experiment with next genres:
- Relaxing study music: piano
- If you like piano music, try to listen to it during studying, for example, when you are reading a book or going to write an academic paper. Before you started to read or write, close your eyes for several seconds and try to concentrate on a music.
- Relaxing study music: guitar
- Many people like to listen to guitar music. If this is a genre you like, try it out for study. Choose a music without lyrics because it may be distracting.
- Relaxing study music: classical
- This is the most popular music people use for work and studying. According to scientists research, classical music helps to activate human brain and make people more relaxed, motivated and inspired compared to other music genres. Try this out, maybe it’s your brain switcher!
- Relaxing study music: sounds of nature
- This music includes sounds of water, wind, birds, sea waves, rustle of leaves, etc. Such sounds help to reduce stress. It may be helpful when you want to calm down and set yourself to work. This simple but effective music helps to refresh our mind and brain and increase our productivity.
How to find your own music for studying?
Of course, it’s understandable that different people have different music taste. Someone adores Mozart, but someone likes to listen to sounds of nature. It’s important to choose a genre that will work the most effectively. Take into account these things:
- When you select concentration music for studying, base your searches on your personal references. For example, if you don’t like sounds of nature, this music won’t be effective for you at all. Remember that your brain will be more active when you listen to the music you like the most.
- Careful with volume! Too loud music can reduce your concentration and ability to study, so it will bring the opposite effect.
- Your choice depends on what you are going to do. For example, when you need to write an essay, you choose light jazz music, and when you are going to solve math – then a classical music makes a power! Try various genres to find “your own” music for every discipline.
- According to your personality type, a particular music can increase or decrease your productivity. It means music for extroverts doesn’t fit introverts.
- Your age is important. According to many studies, the productivity of the youngest people cannot be increased as much as productivity of older people with music. It can be explained easily – youth are used to listen to music almost the entire day, so it doesn’t impact too much on them.
- We suggest experimenting with various genres and listening to various music to find a sort of sound that will help you focus and study. Here are some tips to follow:
- Before you are going to read, solve math, or write, listen to music for at least 5-6 minutes. This will help to set your mood and activate your brain to fulfill the assignment.
- Avoid music with lyrics! It won’t help you to concentrate but just distract you from studying. Such music is good to listen when you are driving, walking, running or doing some other things. Never try to listen to the radio. If you feel that even instrumental music distracts you from your task, stop it and try something else. This will help you find “your own” genre for relaxing and studying.
- After you finished the assignment, review it while playing your favorite music (here you can choose with vocals even). This will help you to finish the task mentally and say thanks to your brain for a nice job.
We hope this article was helpful. If you have found your own music to study and concentrate, but it’s still hard for you to fulfill the task, don’t be disappointed! You can select a reliable writing service and order your academic paper at an acceptable price. This is the best decision for a student who wants to save their time and money, and get a great paper within the deadline!