The dissertation is a very serious work that requires a lot of time, research, analysis, abilities to structure, evaluate and understand information, and of course, a good writing ability. In this guide, we will give you useful tips about how to make a good undergraduate dissertation introduction.
The successful dissertation will:
have a clear and bright title;
be planned and researched properly;
prove that a student has a high level of knowledge;
include such elements as critical evaluation, discussion and analysis;
contain properly cited sources;
be outlined and structured properly according with academic rules;
shows the teacher that a student is able to use knowledge to create a well-structured piece of work.
How to create an introduction of a dissertation properly
You should write this part after the entire dissertation is finished. Of course, you can make a rough copy of this part, but during the writing process of the paper you may need to update and correct the introduction according to your work goals. The introduction must explain the main aim of your work and prove to the audience why your research is so important. You should also include a thesis statement of your paper here. It’s important to provide readers with a brief background where you need to put a short review of literature to show readers what information is already known about this topic.
Actually, the first paragraph of your paper is a “door” for people into a thesis of your dissertation. So, it must be clear and well-understandable even for a person that is not an expert in the particular field. We suggest reading a successful masters dissertation introduction example to create your own paragraph. A good idea is to read the finished introduction to your friend or relative and see if everything is understandable for them.
Here are some useful tips for making introduction for dissertation:
- it’s good to bring an opening sentence that will grab the attention of your audience and make them read the whole work with an interest;
- don’t make this part too large, but outline your work direction and argument;
- never write in the introduction something that you’re not going to deliver later in your work;
- write straight and use an appropriate language and tone of your writing; this is especially important for the custom introduction of a dissertation.
Tips to make a proper dissertation introduction structure
This part of your work explains to readers clearly what subject you’re going to investigate and research. Let’s figure out the main goal of this part:
- Introducing to readers the subject of your document and describing a goal of your research.
- Grabbing the audience’s attention to involve people read your work.
- Convincing readers of the practical and scientific relevance of your paper.
So, how long should a dissertation introduction be? We recommend to write for about 5 – 7% of the entire paper length. We suggest searching for a good sample dissertation introduction chapter to understand what you must include in this paragraph.
This is how a dissertation introduction outline should look like:
- Indication of your problem. Explain why you are making this research and why it’s so important. Try to choose an interesting topic, this will encourage people to read a whole work.
- Describe a subject of your dissertation — define it directly and clear;
- Explain to the readers the practical use of your paper;
- Give a brief explanation of some important scientific works connected to your dissertation’s subject;
- Describe the main problem you are going to highlight in your work;
- Provide readers with a short list of your research methods.
For more effective writing, you can use this simple checklist for the introduction:
- You have limited your work’s subject;
- You’ve proved the scientific importance of your paper;
- The practical importance of work is also explained to readers;
- You’ve mentioned some articles connected to your paper’s subject;
- The purpose and the problem statement are written;
- You wrote a short description of the research design;
- You’ve written a brief overview of the document;
- Your dissertation introduction length is 5 – 7% of the entire document length.
Creating a winning introduction of a dissertation: help online
Not all people have excellent writing abilities to creative writing. If you still not sure how to make a bright introduction, or just don’t have enough time to making this huge and significant work, then a good decision is to order your paper from a reliable and professional writing service.
Here are 5 reasons why you should choose a writing company:
- You don’t have enough time for writing this paper;
- You feel that your ability to write is too weak to make such important work;
- You must create it urgently within a short term;
- You are lazy to write this paper (yes, sometimes it also happens!);
- You want your work to be perfect but you unsure if you will be able to create such work on your own.
Place your order on our company’s website, and we will fulfill a task of any complexity within the deadline you’ve set. We hire only professional and talented writers that are able to make a paper of any length and complexity. If you have to make a bright and successful introduction of a dissertation, writing service will do this job for you at a reliable price! Trust our qualified specialists who know how to start a dissertation, and provide you with a great paper in the shortest term. Don’t waste your precious time for unsuccessful writing attempts anymore. You won’t need spend sleepless nights struggling with your writing, because we will create a perfect dissertation for you! Our writing service is ready to solve your writing problems easily and fast, so place your order right now in a few minutes and get an excellent paper written by our experts. We guarantee each and every client will get a 100% unique and bright work that will impress readers.